- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter **I use Kraft sugar free peanut butter**
- 3 tablespoons honey **I use less**
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt, optional and to taste **add more for if you have POTS**
Optional: Cocoa powder or mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400F. Prepare mini muffin pans by filling them with mini muffin cups.
- Use a hand mixer to blend all the ingredients until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 8 or 9 minutes. Muffin tops should be springy to touch and an inserted tooth pick should come out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 mins.
Muffins stay fresh for 5 days and can be frozen for up to 4 months.
My sister makes these muffins often and has added things like broccoli, avocado, carrot, spinach... The flavour of the muffins does a good job of hiding the taste of vegetables.
I usually make 7 or 8 times the recipe and freeze large bags of muffins for later.