Dr. Satish Raj is one of the best POTS doctors in all of North America, and many studies done on POTS are published by him. He recently moved from the USA to Calgary, Alberta! This is amazing news for BC residents (and I’m assuming the rest of Canada too) because we can see him for free with our provincial medical coverage.
- 10 minutes relaxation (no speaking) to get a baseline reading
- Deep breathing: 5 seconds in, 5 seconds out for about a minute and a half
- Hyperventilating - 1 second in, 1 second out for about a minute
- Blowing into a device for 15 seconds, repeated 3 times **this was harder than it sounds**
- “Ice Bucket Challenge” - hold your hand in ice for about a minute **maybe I’m a wuss but this was really painful!!!**
- Tilt Table Test (TTT) - you’re strapped to a table and tilted upright for 10 minutes